Relocating to Austin, TX: Make Your Move Seamless
Thinking of moving to Austin, TX? Let us be the first to congratulate you on a fantastic choice! There are so many reasons why moving to Austin is a great idea and why many people who visit end up not wanting to leave. O Realty Services is here to help you take care of all your relocation needs. We are a member at Worldwide REC - The Workforce Mobility Association.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for more information about moving to Austin, guidance, and relocation assistance. We're here to help!
From the southern hospitality to the amazing outdoor recreation, Austin has something for everyone. Austin's culture is often described as "weird." It is, in fact, unique, diverse, open-minded, and exciting. The city is highly ranked on 'best of' lists year after year, and is regarded as one of the best cities in the U.S.A. for young adults, an extremely clean and green city, and a great place for foodies, just to name a few. All of these reasons and more are why relocating to Austin has become an increasingly popular choice.
Nature and Greenspace
Nature lovers will find no shortage of greenspace in and around Austin. We are so lucky to have an abundance of parks and swimming holes conveniently located throughout the entire city. Lady Bird Lake and the Greenbelt run right through downtown and are very popular outdoor recreation havens. Other great places to take dip or go for a run include Zilker Park, Barton Springs, Hamilton Pool, and Deep Eddy.
Music, Food, Sports, and More!
Austin is a wonderful city for music lovers, foodies, young professionals, and sports fans. There is such a wide range of activities and attractions available that finding yourself with nothing to do after moving to Austin is nearly impossible!
Music lovers will enjoy the array of festivals that come to the city each year such as South bvy Southwest and Austin City Limits. In fact, Austin has been dubbed the "Live Music Capital of the World." Foodies will love the new restaurants that are continually popping up around the city, as well as old favorites that are popular with the locals. Sports fans will enjoy taking in a Longhorns game at the University of Texas.
Arts and culture are prospering in Austin. There is definitely no shortage of museums, theatres, ballet, opera, and orchestra. Check out the Austin Museum of Art, the Ariel Dance Theatre, or the Austin Playhouse, just to name a few.
Other Reasons to Move to Austin
- Aside from the fantastic recreational opportunities, music, food, and arts & culture scene, moving to Austin is a popular choice because of the mild climate, low cost of living, quality school districts, and high quality of life.
- Austin has a temperate climate and enjoys an average of 300 days of sunshine annually.
- Median cost to purchase a home in 2011 was $193,100
- No state income tax
- Eanes Independent School District is the top district in Austin, and one of the best in the states of Texas. It is Exemplary rated and seven out of its nine schools are recognized as U.S. Blue Ribbon Schools. Lake Travis Independent School District and Leander Independent School District are also highly rated.
- Many industries are prospering in Austin, particularly the technology sector, medical products, pharmaceuticals, and wireless.
Would you like a free copy of an Austin Relocation Guide? Contact us and we'll be happy to help you out. The guide explores topics such as:
- Top Area Employers
- Austin School District, Schools, and Rankings
- Day Care Centers
- Higher Education and Colleges
- Places of Worship
- Austin Health Care Network
- Property Tax Rates